Just last week I made a life changing decision- I'm moving to Rome, Italy! I still can't believe I made that decision, and I'm very excited about the adventures that lie ahead! I will be teaching English to 2-3 year olds. I am so excited about the opportunity to work with younger children, and being able to be creative with my lesson planning and activities! Plus, who wouldn't want to get paid to live in Italy??
For those of you (I know I have so many followers) that are confused about the title of my blog, I will explain. If you know me at all, you are probably somewhat familiar with my love of pop culture. Well, Gidget definitely falls into the pop culture category. Gidget is a Southern California surfer girl who had three movies and a tv series dedicated to her. She got to go to Hawaii AND Rome! Although Gidget Goes To Rome is my least favorite of the three movies, I still relate to her eagerness to see the world and I'll get to see some of it living in Rome for 10 months! Plus, Roman Holiday and When in Rome would have been the easy way out for a blog name.
Hopefully I will be updating regularly once I get over there. Plus, I'll have pretty amazing pictures that I know you will want to see!
Ciao,
Mallory
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Mallory,
I am officially excited about your new adventure! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! I love your blog name! Perfect! Love you, Mom
Love it! Can't wait to read all your updates from Rome!!
Excuse me but too bad I had to find out on facebook (moms of course)that you started a blog. You haven't left the country yet so you still need to update your sister on things like this by phone. Love your blog! lvubye
Mallory
Can I come visit when your mom comes?
this is from paula chance
It looks pretty official now that we have a plane ticket! No looking back! 15 minute walk to the Vatican? Wow.
Just came across your blog, Mallory! I am so excited for you and I can't wait to here about your adventures!
Post a Comment